Golf enthusiasts are always on the lookout for innovative and high-performing golf clubs that can improve their game. One such golf club that has gained popularity in recent years is the Scratch EZ1 wedge. In this article, we will discuss the specs of the Scratch EZ1 wedge and how it can help golfers improve their short game.
Introduction to Scratch Golf
Scratch Golf is a California-based golf equipment manufacturer that was founded in 2003. The company specializes in producing high-quality, custom-fit golf clubs that are designed to help golfers improve their game. Scratch Golf’s products are used by many professional golfers on various tours, including the PGA Tour.
Scratch EZ1 Wedge Specs
The Scratch EZ1 wedge is one of the company’s most popular products. It is a versatile wedge that can be used for a variety of shots, including pitching, chipping, and bunker shots. Here are the specs of the Scratch EZ1 wedge:
- Loft: The Scratch EZ1 wedge is available in lofts ranging from 47 to 60 degrees. This allows golfers to choose the loft that best fits their game and the specific shot they need to make.
- Lie Angle: The lie angle of the Scratch EZ1 wedge is 64 degrees. This is a standard lie angle for most wedges and ensures that the clubface is square at impact.
- Grind: The Scratch EZ1 wedge features a unique grind that is designed to provide maximum versatility. The club has a heel and toe relief that allows for easy opening and closing of the clubface. This grind also helps to reduce turf interaction, making it easier to hit clean shots from a variety of lies.
- Shaft: The Scratch EZ1 wedge comes with a True Temper Dynamic Gold shaft. This is a high-quality shaft that is used by many professional golfers.
- Finish: The Scratch EZ1 wedge is available in two finishes: satin and raw. The satin finish gives the club a classic look, while the raw finish is designed to rust over time, giving the club a unique appearance.
Benefits of the Scratch EZ1 Wedge
The Scratch EZ1 wedge has several benefits that make it a popular choice among golfers. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Versatility: The unique grind of the Scratch EZ1 wedge allows golfers to use the club for a variety of shots. This makes it a versatile addition to any golfer’s bag.
- Control: The Scratch EZ1 wedge provides excellent control on short shots. The club’s design helps to reduce turf interaction, allowing golfers to hit clean shots from a variety of lies.
- Customization: Scratch Golf offers custom fitting for all of its clubs, including the EZ1 wedge. This ensures that golfers get a club that is tailored to their specific needs and swing characteristics.
Additional Information on the Scratch EZ1 Wedge
Here are some additional details on the Scratch EZ1 wedge that golfers may find useful:
- Bounce: The bounce angle of the Scratch EZ1 wedge varies depending on the loft. For example, the 47-degree wedge has a bounce angle of 8 degrees, while the 60-degree wedge has a bounce angle of 6 degrees. This ensures that the club performs optimally for the specific shot and turf conditions.
- Spin: The Scratch EZ1 wedge is designed to provide maximum spin on short shots. The club has aggressive grooves that are spaced closer together than on most wedges. This helps to increase spin and control on shots around the green.
- Grind Options: In addition to the standard grind, Scratch Golf offers several other grind options for the EZ1 wedge. These include the “C-Grind” and the “X-Grind,” which are designed for golfers who prefer more or less bounce, respectively.
- Price: The Scratch EZ1 wedge is a premium golf club and is priced accordingly. As of 2023, the club retails for around $275 USD. While this may seem expensive, golfers who are serious about improving their short game may find the investment worthwhile.
Tips for Using the Scratch EZ1 Wedge
Here are some tips for golfers who are using the Scratch EZ1 wedge:
- Practice: The Scratch EZ1 wedge requires some practice to master. Spend some time on the practice green experimenting with different shots and swing styles.
- Focus on Technique: The EZ1 wedge is a precision club, and technique is crucial. Focus on proper weight transfer, wrist action, and follow-through to get the most out of the club.
- Experiment with Different Lofts: The Scratch EZ1 wedge is available in a range of lofts, and each loft has its own strengths and weaknesses. Experiment with different lofts to find the one that works best for your game and the specific shot you need to make.
- Get Custom Fitted: Scratch Golf offers custom fitting for the EZ1 wedge, and this is highly recommended. Getting a club that is tailored to your specific swing characteristics can make a significant difference in your game.
Scratch EZ1 Driver Specs
Scratch EZ1 Fairway Wood Specs
Scratch EZ1 Hybrid Specs
Scratch EZ1 Iron Specs
Scratch EZ1 Putter Specs
The Scratch EZ1 wedge is a versatile and high-performing golf club that can help golfers improve their short game. Its unique grind, custom fitting options, and high-quality shaft make it a popular choice among golfers of all skill levels. If you’re looking to improve your short game, the Scratch EZ1 wedge is definitely worth considering.