The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is a popular club among golfers. The putter is designed to help players achieve a smooth stroke and consistent distance control. Ping is a well-known brand in the golfing world and has been producing high-quality clubs for over 50 years. The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is no exception to their quality craftsmanship.
Design and Features
The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is designed with a blade-style head that has a small sweet spot. This design is perfect for players who want a traditional-looking putter with a classic feel. The putter has a black nickel finish that provides a sleek and professional appearance.
One of the key features of the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is its adjustable shaft. This feature allows players to adjust the length of the putter to suit their individual needs. The adjustable shaft also allows for a more comfortable and natural grip, which can lead to improved accuracy.
The putter also features Ping’s patented TR (True Roll) face technology. This technology is designed to help golfers achieve a consistent roll on the ball, even on off-center hits. The TR face technology is achieved through precision milling of the club face, which creates a more consistent surface for contact with the ball.
Performance and Benefits
The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is designed to improve the performance of golfers. The putter is built with a traditional blade-style head, which provides a classic feel and appearance. This design can give players the confidence they need to make precise putts and improve their overall game.
The adjustable shaft of the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter also provides a customizable experience. Players can adjust the length of the shaft to match their individual needs, which can lead to improved accuracy and consistency on the greens.
The TR face technology of the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is another performance-enhancing feature. The precision milling of the club face creates a more consistent surface for contact with the ball, which can lead to a more accurate and consistent roll.
Advantages of the Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter
The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter has several advantages that can help golfers improve their putting game:
- Improved accuracy: The adjustable shaft and TR face technology can help golfers achieve more accurate putts, even on off-center hits.
- Consistent distance control: The TR face technology also helps golfers achieve a consistent roll on the ball, which can improve distance control and help players sink more putts.
- Customizable experience: The adjustable shaft allows golfers to customize the length of the putter to match their individual needs, which can lead to a more comfortable and natural grip.
- Classic feel and appearance: The blade-style head of the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter provides a classic feel and appearance that can give players the confidence they need to make precise putts.
Disadvantages of the Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter
There are a few potential disadvantages of the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter that golfers should be aware of:
- Small sweet spot: The blade-style head of the putter has a small sweet spot, which may be challenging for players who struggle with consistency.
- High price: The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is a high-quality club that comes with a higher price tag compared to some other putters on the market.
- Limited adjustability: While the adjustable shaft is a great feature, some golfers may prefer a putter with more adjustability options, such as adjustable weights or lie angles.
Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter Models
The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is available in several different models, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are a few of the most popular models:
- Ping Scottsdale Anser 2: This model features a traditional blade-style head with a small sweet spot, adjustable shaft, and TR face technology. It also has a double-bend shaft for a straighter stroke.
- Ping Scottsdale Anser T: The Anser T has a slightly larger head than the Anser 2, but still maintains a classic blade-style look. It features a plumber’s neck hosel for a more traditional appearance and a moderate amount of toe hang for players who prefer a slight arc in their stroke.
- Ping Scottsdale Anser Milled: The Anser Milled putter is a higher-end model that features a precision-milled 303 stainless steel head for enhanced feel and performance. It also has a tungsten sole weight for added stability and a choice of three different hosel styles to suit a variety of putting strokes.
- Ping Scottsdale Wolverine H: The Wolverine H is a mallet-style putter with a high MOI (moment of inertia) design for added forgiveness on off-center hits. It features a unique alignment aid on the back of the head and an adjustable shaft for a customizable experience.
Choosing the Right Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter
When choosing a Ping Scottsdale Anser putter, it’s important to consider your individual needs and preferences. Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
- Putting stroke: Different putter models have different amounts of toe hang, which can affect the type of putting stroke they are best suited for. Players with a slight arc in their stroke may prefer a putter with moderate toe hang, while those with a straight-back, straight-through stroke may prefer a putter with less toe hang.
- Sweet spot size: The blade-style heads of the Anser putters have smaller sweet spots than some other putter styles, which may be challenging for players who struggle with consistency. Consider whether the smaller sweet spot will be a hindrance or a benefit to your game.
- Price: The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is a higher-end club that comes with a higher price tag than some other putters on the market. Consider your budget and whether the features of the Anser putter are worth the investment for your game.
Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter Models
|Model||Head Weight||Loft||Lie Angle||Length|
|Anser 2||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Anser 3||340g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Anser 4||345g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Anser Milled||345g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Anser T||345g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Anser V2||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Scottsdale Anser||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Scottsdale Anser 2||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Scottsdale Anser 2 B||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
|Scottsdale Anser 2 T||350g||3°||70°||34″, 35″|
Materials Used in Ping Scottsdale Anser Putters
|Head||303 stainless steel with a nickel-phosphorous finish|
|Face Insert||Lightweight aluminum with a soft elastomer backer|
|Grip||Winn AVS midsize pistol grip|
|Shaft||Steel, available in various lengths and flexes|
|Hosel||Double-bend shaft with a full shaft offset|
Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter Specifications
|Head Weight Range||340g – 350g|
|Grip||Winn AVS midsize pistol grip|
|Face Insert||Aluminum with elastomer backer|
|Hosel||Double-bend with full shaft offset|
Pros Who Use Ping Scottsdale Anser Putters
|Bubba Watson||PGA||Anser Milled|
|Hunter Mahan||PGA||Anser Milled|
|Miguel Angel Jimenez||European||Anser Milled|
|Shane Lowry||European||Scottsdale Anser|
|Harris English||PGA||Scottsdale Anser|
|Angel Cabrera||PGA||Scottsdale Anser|
|Brendan Steele||PGA||Scottsdale Anser 2 B|
|J.B. Holmes||PGA||Scottsdale Anser 2 T|
|Brad Faxon||PGA||Scottsdale Anser 2|
Ping Scottsdale Anser Putter Awards
|Golf Digest Hot List||2010|
|Golf World Editor’s Choice||2011|
|Golf Digest Editor’s Choice||2012|
|Golf Magazine ClubTest||2013|
|Golfweek Best Blade Putter||2014|
The Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is a high-quality club that offers several performance-enhancing features. The adjustable shaft and TR face technology can help golfers achieve more accurate putts and consistent distance control, while the classic blade-style head provides a classic feel and appearance. However, the small sweet spot and higher price tag may not be ideal for all golfers. Ultimately, it is up to each individual golfer to determine whether the Ping Scottsdale Anser putter is the right choice for their game.