The MacGregor M55W woods represent a new generation of golf clubs that blend modern design and cutting-edge technology with the classic appeal of a traditional wooden club. Known for their commitment to innovation and craftsmanship, MacGregor has once again delivered a product that appeals to both amateur and professional golfers. In this article, we will delve into the key features, performance, and benefits of the M55W woods to help you decide if these clubs deserve a spot in your golf bag.
- Material and Construction: The MacGregor M55W woods are crafted from a high-quality stainless steel body with a unique wood finish, giving them a traditional appearance without sacrificing modern performance. The use of stainless steel provides durability and strength, while the wood-like finish pays homage to the classic wooden clubs of the past.
- Loft Options: The M55W woods are available in multiple loft options, including a driver, 3-wood, and 5-wood. This variety allows golfers to select the right club for their specific needs and playing style, ensuring optimal distance and trajectory.
- Aerodynamic Design: The clubhead of the M55W woods features an aerodynamic design that reduces drag and increases clubhead speed. This results in greater distance and accuracy off the tee or from the fairway.
- Low Center of Gravity: The low center of gravity in the M55W woods helps launch the ball higher with increased forgiveness. This feature is particularly beneficial for amateur golfers who may struggle with off-center hits.
The MacGregor M55W woods deliver impressive performance on the course. The aerodynamic design and low center of gravity provide increased distance and accuracy, while the range of loft options caters to a wide variety of golfers. The stainless steel construction ensures these clubs are built to last, and the wood finish adds a touch of classic elegance to your game.
- Increased Distance and Accuracy: The aerodynamic design and low center of gravity work together to provide golfers with increased distance and accuracy off the tee and from the fairway.
- Greater Forgiveness: The low center of gravity also increases the club’s forgiveness on off-center hits, making the M55W woods a great option for golfers of all skill levels.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The wood-like finish on the M55W woods offers a unique and visually appealing look, combining the classic charm of wooden clubs with the performance and durability of modern materials.
- Versatility: The range of loft options available in the M55W woods ensures that golfers can find the perfect club to suit their individual needs and preferences.
Macgregor M55w Comparison with Other Woods
|Model||Loft (Degrees)||Lie (Degrees)||Shaft Options||Club Head Material||Face Material||Club Head Shape||Club Head Size (cc)||Price ($)|
|Macgregor M55w||15-27||58-59||Graphite, Regular and Stiff flex||Titanium and Steel||Titanium||Pear||139-165||$89.99|
|Callaway Rogue||13.5-25.5||55-60||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Titanium and Steel||Titanium||Pear||355-460||$399.99|
|TaylorMade M6||14-24||56.5-59.5||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Carbon Fiber and Steel||Carbon Fiber||D-Shaped||460||$499.99|
|Ping G400||14.5-22||56.5-60.5||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Titanium and Steel||Titanium||Round||445||$399.99|
|Titleist TS2||13.5-21||56.5-60.5||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Titanium and Steel||Titanium||Pear||460||$499.99|
|Cobra F-Max Airspeed||16-25||58-59.5||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Titanium||Titanium||Round||460||$199.99|
|Cleveland Launcher HB||15-21||60-61||Graphite, Regular and Stiff flex||Steel||Steel||Round||460||$219.99|
|Mizuno ST-Z||13.5-20||56-60||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Carbon Fiber and Titanium||Titanium||Pear||460||$399.99|
|Wilson Staff D7||15-21||60.5-61.5||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Carbon Fiber and Steel||Carpenter Steel||Round||460||$199.99|
|Srixon ZX5||13.5-24||57-61||Graphite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex||Titanium||Titanium||Pear||460||$499.99|
Macgregor M55w Woods Review – Technical Specifications
|Model||Loft (Degrees)||Lie (Degrees)||Volume (cc)||Length (inches)|
Macgregor M55w Woods Review – Club Head Design
|Model||Club Head Material||Face Material||Hosel Design||Club Head Shape|
|7 Wood||Stainless Steel||Maraging||Fixed||Round|
|9 Wood||Stainless Steel||Maraging||Fixed||Round|
Macgregor M55w Woods Review – Shaft Options
|Model||Shaft Material||Shaft Flex||Shaft Weight (grams)||Torque (Degrees)|
Macgregor M55w Woods Review – Performance Statistics
|Model||Launch Angle (Degrees)||Spin Rate (RPM)||Carry Distance (yards)||Total Distance (yards)|
Macgregor M55w Woods Review – Pros and Cons
|Adjustable hosel for customization of loft and lie angle||Not suitable for players who prefer a compact head size|
|High launch and low spin for maximum distance||Limited shaft options compared to other brands|
|Large club head size for a larger sweet spot||Not as forgiving as some other game improvement woods|
|Maraging steel face provides excellent ball speed|
|Affordable pricing compared to similar models|
The MacGregor M55W woods are an excellent addition to any golfer’s bag, providing a unique blend of modern performance and classic aesthetics. With increased distance, accuracy, and forgiveness, these clubs can help golfers of all skill levels improve their game. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a casual golfer looking to upgrade your equipment, the M55W woods are a worthy investment that will not disappoint.